Sunday, December 09, 2007


In December Mars comes in nice close position and cold weather make sky clear from clouds. Yerstaday was one of these nights. I saw a bright yellowish start high up. It took me second to realize that this is a Mars. I brought my binoculars and small scope and enjoied murky red disk view. Sky were not compleatly clean and my optics were still hot compare to chilly ear, so I was not able to resolve snow cups and other details. Saturn is up as well and nice constalation of Orion is in perfect position for my backyard now: I am planing to hunt for Hourese Head nebula and other cool features located in there. After having outdoor fun I retreated to my warn quarters and indulged myself for some more sky walks in Google Earth and Sky.

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]