Friday, February 29, 2008

Finaly I got this cool gadget for my play room. I am not watching much
TV and use Netflix, but Netflix rentals are slow and we had week ends without single DVD we can both enjoy. Netflix online is cool, despite
that I have to drag my Windows laptop, but selection is ... Just too
old: there are lucky new flicks like Darwin Award that is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!! , that made there, but in majority it sucks. Apple rentuls much more promising: new
staff, even so numbers are small.(2000?) also ATV offers iTunes
playback and YouTube . Cool.

Opening box was pleasure : Apple did a great job as usual: box looks a bit scary: more 'reach' but it is OK.

Most complex part is to make iTunes on my Windows Home Server see ATV and then entering code , connecting to WiFi and Apple Store: all required running around and using one finger cool Apple remote: not so bad and I was up and tuning with ATV connected to my projector (120' screen, 720p)

ATV updated itself and we were ready to rent a first movie : Sunshine. It was ready instantly and all worked good.

ATV less responsive on your own library: big photo folders give it serious trouble: I even had to create a separate small and one level tree for it to see pictures some how: I do not understand why Apple have issues with more simple things like pix.

Another thing is ATV get frozen on couple of YouTube flicks. Had to power down by unplugging: there is no button.ATV is always ON.

Well, all in all, Apple TV is a very cool and useful device, nicely implemented: I hope Apple will fix these minor issues and put more
videos on line.

I love my ATV- it is best 'media extender' I had so far and I had a few;-)

Strong buy: for 200$ ( this is for 40G version I got but you may want 160G above to be more future proof) or so it is a steal!

Update: as on end of March 2008 , my Apple TV works great and YouTube rules: Apple streams H.264 and that explains why it is a better quality compare to your PC's Flush video. I enjoy some cool clips on 120'' and there are a lot of very cool clips, you know. Also video podcasts, most free from Apple are great. If you like "Wait , Wait do not tell me" it is THERE! for free. Have fun!

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]