Friday, March 28, 2008

I love knives and have quite a few. I almost always have some tool on my belt. My Leatherman Wave

is very cool, and default gadget geek tool, but my new Skeletool is even cooler :-). Cool geek always on the search for next cooler gadget! It is now replace my back pocket knife I used to have and abuse opening tough plastic packaging. I saw Skeletool in Wired first and been able to pick up in RAI : they got just CX few days ago and they had 2007 model for a while. CX supposedly better with it 154CM steel, that is very sharp, but regular blade was fine too: it is more about long term use and re- sharpening. CX covered with black and has some carbon fiber insert, that I do not like too much: it is not as hard as metal and you can make your fingernail black if you scratch it: it looks like burned wood ( that I believe what carbon is anyway). Blade is also half serrated (I have mixed feeling about it: it can be handy in emergency, but I like regular blades better)All in all it is a very cool and handy tool, that goes in you jeans pocket ( I use my back one). It is a perfect IT tool: it has a screw driver and wire cutters and pliers: all you relay need in office. Now I do not have to open beer with white board marker or spend five minutes opening unwieldy Wave opener: Skeletool's beer opener simply rulez, dude !!!!

If you are too lazy to go to REI close to your house you can order it online and sure thing Amazon will deliver it to your door steps... very very soon. Here :



Btw, it look like CX is too overpriced on Amazon for some unclear reason. You may check RAI link or do extra search. You should not pay more than 80$ for CX.


If you like a less expensive version that may be even better for you for these three reasons: not serrated blade, all metal and shiny and less expensive, it is the same design otherwise, try this link ( price seems to be OK for regular Skeletool):

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]